Night Thoughts BOM - Sign Up
Quilted Connections is proud to present our first ever Block of the Month, Night Thoughts, designed and pieced by Vernita Dailey. Join us for this nine-month venture starting March 9th. You will be the first to experience the precision piecing and paper piecing for this extraordinary original pattern. The 18 blocks are set either in a lap size quilt or a bed runner.
The bed runner measures 34” x 84” and the lap quilt measures 47” x 59”. The 6” blocks are set on point, with each having the same border to make them 8”. Every block is different; some are paper pieced, and others are traditional pieced. The fun of making a block is to learn and try different ways to make it your own. You will be shown through the month’s Zoom meetings some helpful tips for precision piecing. After you have a foundation of basic skills, you can make up some of your own rules. Piecing methods are versatile and you will see different ways to construct the same block.
How it works –
- Virtual meetings via Zoom will be held for additional tips and instruction on the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm for the duration of the BOM. More details when you sign-up.
- Month one is an introduction to the blocks and basic skill builders to take on the project.
- Two block patterns will be emailed each of the nine months.
- Add to cart to sign up. The monthly cost for the 9-month program is $15 per month starting on March 1st. The cost includes the patterns each month for the original blocks, options for the two layouts and monthly instructions and tips. You will receive a invoice on the first to start your monthly installments.
- Fat 1/8 bundle – at least 18 in a pack, 24 was used in the sample
- Background – 1 ½ yards
- 1 ¼ yards – 1st border and sashing
- 3/8 yard – second border and sashing square
- 1 yard – outside border
- Best Press
- Add-a-Quarter ruler
- Finger presser – used for pressing seams while paper piecing
- Rotary cutter with a new blade
- Cool pins
- Cutting mat to put next to your sewing machine*
- Fine sewing machine needle size #70/10
- Deco-bob by Wonderfil thread
- 6 ½” square Creative Grid ruler (optional) – All the blocks are 6 ½” square and this ruler will be great to trim.
- 4 ½” x 8 ½” Creative Grid ruler (optional) - This size is great for cutting the pieces for each block. Since most are so small, it makes it easier if the ruler is smaller also.
- Tula Pink Curved EZ Snip 5” (optional) –curved snips are great for getting super close to snipping those unwanted threads.
- Ricky Timms Stable Stuff Poly paper piecing papers
*Let’s talk a little about the best of the best. I discovered the Martelli Round-About-3-Piece set. The set includes a rotating base, a 17” diameter cutting mat and an iron top. This is probably one of my favorite purchases for sewing. As you are trimming your pieces for paper piecing it turns every which way and no need to struggle to get the right position. The cutting surface is nice and smooth and doesn’t require much upkeep. It is super.
Quilted Connections is generously offering all who sign up a 20% discount on their website for any of the items purchased on the supply list and any fat 1/8 or fat 1/4 bundles. Use code NIGHT20 Click here to shop these items.
We are pleased to offer this original pattern to you; it will surely be one to treasure. Keep watch on our Instagram, Facebook and blog for more information and updates.