Holiday Improv Quilt
In this class Katie will teach the methods behind making the blocks found in her Holiday Improv Quilt while allowing students to get creative and add their own spin! Learning to make an improvisational quilt is more about learning to let go than following a pattern, so this class will show not only the basic mechanics of creating the blocks, but discuss the freedom and forgiveness found in this type of quilting.
Dates: June 16, 23 & 30th 9:00-12:00pm
Instructor: Katie B
Skill Level: Intermediate
- A variety of scraps in the color way you would like your quilt to be in
- Holiday fabric scraps
- Low volume fabrics for the background
- Sewing machine in good working order
- 1/4" piecing foot
- 75/11 Needle
- 50wt neutral cotton thread ( Aurifil dove is my go to)
- Cutting mat and rotary cutter (45mm recommended)
- Basic sewing supplies; straight pins, seam ripper, and scissors
- Iron and ironing space
INCLUDED IN CLASS:
- PDF of pattern
Class policies can be found here. ***Be sure to provide your email mail address when purchasing this class. You will receive the Zoom link, instructions, and any pre-prep work required prior to the class.
Are you a first-time Zoom user? Zoom is a free piece of software that makes taking part in our online classes a breeze. All you need is an internet connection and a smartphone, iPad, tablet, or computer. You don't even need a Zoom account!
To attend our classes, you do not need to haul your sewing machine or get in your car. You can take this class from the comfort of your sewing room, living room or your deck outside!